Friday, May 04, 2018

Dog Theft In The Parallel Universe

My main man from the parallel universe  of drugs and depravity, staggers into my gaff. he's stinking of booze and weed. His hair is a mess and his clothes filthy. He's followed by a petite mouthy girl, equally dishevelled and sporting that fashionable heroin chic look. "Tell him then. Tell him. tell him about your dog." she whines in a particularly grating voice.
I look at my man "What about your dog then?"
"It was stolen."
"When? By who?" I ask in my best deeply concerned tone, knowing his dog meant everything to him.
"My ex boyfriend that's who?" pipes up the girl. "You tell him. Go on, tell him what he did."
"Well if you know who took the dog surely you can go round and get it back."
"He aint got it any more. The fucker sold it didden 'ee."
"So he steals your dog and sells it?"
"Yes for money for drugs. he's an addict. My dog stolen an' sold for the price of a hit."
"Hang on your dog is chipped isn't it."
"Yeah but it didn't stop him nicking my dog."
"What are you going to do? Report it to the police?"
"Don't make me laugh. Fucking special branch are not coming round to look for my dog. The only time you call the police is to get a crime number and even then you think twice about getting them involved. We have our own ways of doing things....."
In the parallel universe the police are not even an option. You don't call the law when you're in the habit of breaking it yourself. You find other means of finding justice.
By this time Miss Mouthy is hopping from one foot to another and chewing gum like her life depended on it.
my man continues ".... yeah me and a few mates will go round, and beat the living shite out of him."
"Firm but fair." I say, then venturing. "Maybe a little excessive." Knowing full well that the word excessive is not in their vocabulary. Not in their world.
Miss Mouth still hopping says "Come on you said we'd get some drink."
"Yeah right, OK, in a minute. I'm talking."
"But you said...."
"Shut it. I said in a minute." He turns to me and says his usual "We're going to the offy. You want I get you anything?"
I do my usual "It's OK I'm good thanks."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|