Monday, November 08, 2004

The Monday Voterama

First off I'd like to thank everyone who sent me birthday greetings for yesterday. Your thoughts were appreciated and noted, even though I never replied at the time. In fact I had a great birthday. Saturday night I went out with Del and his wife, he wouldn't let me buy any drinks at all. I can't even tell you how much I drank because he was doing his usual of buying a pitcher of standard cocktails and adding to it, so although it tasted like pop, it was quite lethal. We went to a couple of watering holes, the second of which I was asked, then ordered to remove the hat. So my birthday announcement of "Happy birthday to Mike Da Hat" by the DJ in the night club sort of fell flat as I wasn't allowed to wear the hat. Oh well. But we had a fine curry after.
Sunday my actual birthday, I took my children out to dinner. I booked a table for four and Gemmalahs boyfriend turned up so we took him. When it came to pay the girl looked at the diary and charged us for four instead of five. So I didn't complain. We then drove to Lincoln to take Gemmalah back to University.

The book is coming on OK you can read the first five chapters if you've a mind. Chapter six is already written so that will be posted very soon. I'm not sure I'm goingto hit the target of 50,000 words but it's early days.

So to the business. This weeks voting list is as follows

Sheep - Four legged ninja sheep with masks roaming the country side, leaving death and destruction in their wake.

Picnic - Actually this is a sequel to "Sheep" so don't vote for this one yet. Oh alright if you must.

Flies - Moses would have been proud.

Hungry Joe - Joseph Heller first came up with this name in Catch 22. But we're not bombing our own airfields for anything.

Nose bag - A buxom wench serves me with two pints of Lager and a packet of crisps.

Pheasant - The Duke of Northumberland invites me to a shoot on the Glorious twelth. Yeah right! In your dreams guitar boy!

Get voting. You have until 8:30am Tuesday 9th November to cast your vote. That's tomorrow.
May your God be with you

Rock on and Keep the faith.

iPod now playing - Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|