Monday, April 10, 2006

Getting There


You never know where life is going to take you. I started on my journey as a photographer just six months ago. OK I've been taking photos since I was seven and had my own darkroom at the age of fourteen. But it's only been the last six months that I've consciously tried to do something with it, become professional. To that end I've paid my dues, I've taken the baby steps, I've taken five and a half thousand photos since last November, I've worked for nothing, done favours.
Finally things seems to be happening. I am being taken seriously. My pictures are in the local paper every week. Bands admit to agreeing to play Unity just for the photoshoot. I'm charging the bands for the photos now. I've got a contract with a flower shop for them to sell my flower pictures.
..and now, we're working on going national. When I do stuff for the local paper I work with a girl called Rachel who is lovely. She is one of their senior reporters. She has the contacts, the knowledge, the inside info. I spoke with her today at "The Battle of the Bands" She's agreed to work with me. I do the photos, she does the words and we hit the New Musical Express and any other national publication we can think of. An extra paycheck in the back pocket will do neither of us any harm.
It's all part of my master plan.

Rock on dudes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|