Saturday, March 24, 2007

Money

A friend of mine was telling me that the budget of his company for travel expenses was running at £10,000,000 a year. It came to a head when he and all the other regional representatives were asked to go to Cardiff for a meeting. His train ticket alone ran to £320 plus hotel bills. So he put in a suggestion to the managing director of the company. Perhaps they should in future hold all their meetings in New York as you can fly to New York for just £99 a saving of £221.

Now this IS crazy. I quoted a photographic job at £250, did the job and sent in the invoice. The PR company phoned me up straight away.
"What's with the £250."
"It's what I quoted and what was agreed." I said beginning to be a little worried, "What's the problem?"
"Well it's not enough. Can you possibly raise another invoice for more money."
"You want to pay me MORE money."
"Yes."
"How about £300?"
"That'll do nicely. Thank you it's a pleasure doing business with you."
I'm still trying to get my head around that. It's rather bizarre. Just like the job I went on recently when all the people were talking in a corporate language that is similar to English but then you wonder.
"We'll give you a heads up on when to take photos."
"It's great to have you on board touching base."
"Aas long as we're all singing from the same hymn sheet." Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|