Thursday, July 08, 2004

Pissing down with rain

It's pissing down with rain and my bathroom ceiling is leaking. So I've had to put buckets to catch the water before it leaks downstairs. It's funny but my ceiling only leaks when it rains. So I'm sitting downstairs in the dark with the back door wide open so I can listen to the rain. The perfection to this moment would be one of two things. One that there was a thundestorm as well. Because I love those. And two, I was with my best friend watching and listening to a thunderstorm.
I must tell you I often sit in the dark to write with only the light of my monitor. My friends tell me they write with music blaring from their stereos. That distracts me. Yeah You know I'm a musician so I should be listening to music all the time.But that aint so. I love the quiet solitude of the night. I love the early mornings of summer when everyone is still asleep and I am all alone and the world is mine just for a short while. And you can watch the sun rise and listen to the insects waking up. The birds singing their early morning chorus. You are the only person alive on this earth. The only other time that gets close is a Sunday afternoon when a normally busy road is dead quiet and all you can here is the faint sound of the wind rustling the leaves in the trees. Maybe in the distance you can hear children playing. But that's all, for that moment it's just you in a big big world. And it's great.
The rain is falling heavier now. Out of my window I can see the gutters filling up; The drains can't take it and cars hiss by my window (The doors). I'm all alone and I love it. No one to tell me to go to bed. No one to tell me I've drunk too much. (not that I have)NO one to moan at me that I'm spending too much time on this computer. I have no one to answer too. I can do everything in my own time. It's pissing down with rain my bathroom ceiling is leaking and everything is alright with the world.
That's how it should be. Maybe one day I can share this with my best friend.
May your God be with you
Mikel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|