Friday, March 03, 2006

There But For The Grace of God

Many years ago this guy was a friend of mine. I found him tonight at a nightclub. He used to be an electrician, a very good electrician, he helped run the family business until his wife left him and he fell apart. I can't help but feel how angry he looks, he was the same in every photo I took tonight. He ran up to me and gave me a hug saying how pleased he was to see me and how he'd just got out of prison for the second time. He used to be so kind and gentle, a loving father and husband. Now...? God knows what's going on in his head.

I'm ill. I'm dieing. Of course it's because I'm a man. And we men have much more serious illnesses than girls. I was forced to write an email to my daughter today to warn her I might not survive the night and I'd be dead by morning and to think kindly of me in the future.
She wrote back "So you've got man flu then?"
I wonder if Manflu is in the dictionary yet? It should be. It's a recognised psychosomatic illness brought on by the combination of one X and one Y chromosome. Should you be so lucky as to have two X chromosomes you will of course be immune to man flu and so not die. You will wonder what all the fuss is about. But those of us with both X and Y chromosomes will be on the verge of death and be writing out our wills if we had the strength. I'm going to bed to die now. If this is the last post of this blog you will know you double X's should have taken us more seriously, we get stuff much more severe than you will ever know. That's why we moan so much about it.

Die on dudes Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|