Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mare of a job

So I'm out on assignment photographing the official opening of a local community centre my brief as usual, take lots of happy smiling faces and generally capture the VIP's looking at stuff and chatting. But the most crucial thing is to get the Mayor cutting the ribbon. My camera chose to die at that exact moment, the moment the Mayor is cutting the ribbon my camera goes belly up. There's not even time to run the to car to get a spare camera. The moment is gone and the mayor walks on leaving me cursing my camera and cursing the bad luck in timing.
But it's sods law. If anything can go wrong it will go wrong and wrong at the worst possible moment. Your air con will pack in on the hottest day of the year. The central heating on the coldest, and windscreen wipers on the wettest.

I'm now the proud owner of a new camera specially flown in on an overnighter. Fabulous I'm back in business. What's more the camera is two thirds paid for just with this weeks work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|