Monday, April 04, 2005

The Shallow Grave

I was tootling round Lincoln yesterday having a look when I chanced up a city centre church. I had a look round the grave yard and there lieing in the loose soil was a human jaw bone complete with teeth. It was just on the surface right next to the entrance. I can't believe no one had noticed before. Well it got me thinking. Next time I feel the need to dig a shallow grave what better place than a grave yard or cemetary. It's the last place people would look for a body and if they found one they wouldn't be surprised because there's supposed to be bodies in there.

Here's an interesting thing, in France when you arrange for your burial plot you can order your plot for 50 years or 100 years. After that you get dug up and disposed of elsewhere. What happened to being laid to rest? That eternal slumber? Hardly eternal peace when you're gonna be dug up in fifty years or sooner if the nearest interested relation is already pushing up the daisies.

iPod now playing - Soldier Blue by Buffy Sainte-Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|