Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Giving Up Smoking

A good friend of mine, a musician, said to me, "I can't make Tuesday nights music club."
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because I'm shagging on Saturday."
"What's that got to do with it?" I asked rather puzzled. "Is she a none smoker and you'll blow it if she knows you smoke?"
"No nothing like that."
"So what gives."
"Well I've got to give up smoking before hand."
"And..... why does that stop you from coming to music club?"
"Because I've got to give up everything for five days. Fags, coffee, alcohol the lot."
"Five days?"
"That's how long it takes for me to get the nicotine out of my system so I can get a hard on."
"So why the coffee and Alcohol?"
"I need a fag when I drink, and the coffee does something to my blood sugar levels where I need a fag to compensate."
and that dear friends is a fucking good reason to quit, and I mean that in the quite literal sense of a fucking good reason.

But as a post script, I asked "What about after you've done the bizz and had your end away?"
"Oh I start smoking again on Sunday night....."
Marlborough Lights. You can't live with them you can't live without them.
That's a great advertising slogan.

And for the government instead of putting "Smoking kills" on the packets of fags, they should put "Smoking fucks up your love life." maybe more people would take notice.
You don't even get to the vinegar strokes when you're gasping for breath and about to pass out. Hand me my oxygen mask, I'll finish this if it kills me.

Rock on dudes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|