Friday, December 02, 2005

The drug bust

So tonight outside my place the police arrived in force complete with Riot shields and helmets. Five large police vans and about 50 officers. They raided the carribean grocery a few doors down from me. Ten people were arrested on drugs charges and a carrier bag full of hard cash taken away.
Crowds gathered. It was almost a carnival in it's atmosphere. It was inevitable. I've known the police have been watching this place for ages. They've visited me many times pressing me for imformation. I've said nothing. But to any casual observer it was obvious that this was a front for a major drug operation. I'm gutted that I didn't take photographs. I'm going to hate myself for ages for not shooting the scene. To bring it to you live as it happened. Bugger. I have no excuse. It as just me wimping out due to pressure from the locals who didn't want me to bring out the camera.

Go on flay me I deserve it. I've punished myself enough tonight so you may as well have a go at me. Even later the police man I spoke to said I should have taken photos. Buggger bugger bugger! Call myself a photographer?

I'm going to bed now. I don't deserve your support. I've failed you.
Stop logging on to this site. I'm a miserable failure. You don't need me.

Don't even bother rocking on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|