Friday, July 21, 2006

My Top 25 Favourite Films

I'm bored. It's too hot to do any constructive work that involves physical activity so to while away the hours I've come up with my favourite top 25 films of all time. They are not in any particular order of preference and are only numbered so I'd know when I'd got to 25. Ask me the same question tomorrow the list might not be the same but it would be very similar.

1. Apocalypse Now (based on the novella "Heart of darkness" by Joseph Conrad)
2. Pulp Fiction (I used to hate John Travolta until I saw him in this Brill)
3. Casablanca
4. The Maltese Falcon
5. Lord of the Rings (does that count as one or three?)
6. Bladerunner (Love this film)
7. The big sleep (great film even if you don't understand the plot)
8. The Africa Queen (notice I've got loads with Humphrey bogart in)
9. To Kill a Mocking bird (Gregory Peck at his best)
10.2001 A space Odyssey (drop some acid and go for the ride)
11.Jaws (Is it safe to go back into the water yet?)
12.North by Northwest (Great thriller)
13.Starwars (The 1st one from 1977)
14.The Third Man (Another great thriller)
15.Raiders of the Lost Ark (The first and best)
16.Bad day at Black Rock (Spencer Tracy in small town america)
17.L.A. Confidential (Taut intelligent thriller)
18.The Terminator (Arnie at his best)
19.12 Angry Men (Henry Fonda turning the tables in court)
20.One flew over the cuckoos nest (Jack Nicholson of course)
21.Monty Pythons Life Of Brian (Funniest film ever)
22.IN the Heat of the night (Oh yes "They call me Mr Tibbs", Sydney Poitier)
23.Alien (Ripley kicks alien butt)
24.Close Encounters (Richard Dreyfuss chases aliens)
25.Chinatown (Jack Nicholson again)

I wonder if you agree with my choices. As I say I'm not saying these are the worlds greatest films but the ones I've enjoyed watching most of all and are important to me.
Make up your own list and drop me a comment I'll come and look at your top 25. Maybe we all will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|