Friday, September 30, 2005

Chicago Rock

Another Epic night in the life of Mike Da Hat blagueur extraordinaire.Last night was the photo gig. I went to photograph a few bands for a "battle of the bands" competition. I got to Chicago Rock at about 10:15. With camera. There was a huge queue to get in.
Queue? Moi? Fuck off!
So I just walked straight past the queue, straight past the box office. As if I owned the place. No one stopped me. Thye wouldn't dare. I have found I can just about anything if I act confident enough. Also having the camera helped. because they thought I was official or something. So I didn't pay to get in. People in the queue just stared at me as they waited to get in. Amazing what you can get away with. No fear.
I'm Mike Da Hat. I can do anything.

The first band up was Sumo playing Rock and roll covers. Nothing spectacular. Solid band, good music. But I'd expect to see them in a pub not a theatre.
Coldplayed were on next. My friend Steve was on lead guitar. As you can guess from the name of the band they are a Coldplay tribute band and very good. They'll go far.

Finally at 11:30 Sacred Heart



This is Sacred Heart. They played all original material which while it was very good didn't seem to spark off the audiences interest like Coldplayed. Technically they were very good. But didn't stand a chance against Steves band.



Coldplayeds lead singer he's even got the coloured tape round his fingers and the black bars on the back of his hand. Trust me he has.



So thanks for everyone who commented on my last post. I appreciate it. I don't know but I visited Steve Dix and he had a post almost exactly the same as mine. So it seems we all have these moments when we need to validate ourselves. As Natali said it doesn't matter, we're all going to keep on writing, painting, singing anyway. It's just a little appreciation goes a long long way.

But going on from the Notice to quit post. I have a cunning plan. A plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox. The property is being inspected in a few weeks time, to make sure no one is living here. I'm packing away all my stuff into boxes. So come the inspection I wont be living here anymore. Inspection over I move straight back in again. Job done. I'm buggered if I'm going to pay rent on this dump.
That landlord, he's got a nerve. Owning property and expecting someone to pay rent on it.
So everything is under control. I am in total charge of the situation. I am being evicted but only in the loosest sense. Only in the sense that the Landlord thinks he's evicting me
I'm gonna stand here with a cigarette lighter waving above my head singing "we will over come". And do you know why?

Because I'm Mike Da bleedin Hat. I will prevail.
Happy Talking Talking Happy talk.

I've just got to toddle off now and find some more empty cardboard boxes. Talk amongst yourselves.......

Rock on Dudes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love... comment below.

<< Home

|